Because of the way the human mind processes severe threats or shock, it is not uncommon for people to develop PTSD following traumatic experiences.
The symptoms of PTSD can leave sufferers feeling helpless, not knowing how to cope. Some of the described symptoms of PTSD are as follows:
- Extreme distress when recalling the traumatic event causing the mind and body to experience the same or nearly the same level of fear or shock as the original traumatic experience
- Recurrent distressing dreams of the traumatic event
- Flashbacks, hallucinations and feeling disassociated from reality can also be prominent features
- Thoughts of containing evil or poison, being contaminated
- PTSD can lead to depression if the sufferer is constantly re-living painful emotional experiences
Because PTSD can be described as a type of hypnotic state it can be treated with hypnotherapy extremely effectively, and very quickly. At Responsive Therapy we use effective and proven techniques for removing PTSD. The ‘Rewind’ technique has been used now with great success by many organizations, favoured for its client-friendly nature and its non-invasive approach. Clients never need to re-live or experience the traumatic event during the session, instead they can expect to experience a deep sense of calm when recollecting the past experience allowing the logical thinking brain to rationalise and learn to be at ease around the old traumatic event, allowing you to live a normal and calm life.